Halloween Craftiness

Halloween night may be long gone, but the candy is holding out which means I'm still allowed to talk about Halloween. So there.

A few weekends ago the hubby and I took Luke out to pick our pumpkins. We settled on a massive specimen that was almost 2 feet tall and Luke had some fun digging it out and then sitting in it.

Being the tried and true Wolfpack fans that we are, we decided to carve a howling wolf into our pumpkin. Since our pumpkin was so big - meaning it had super thick walls - we had to buy a jigsaw just to carve it. Not that the hubby was complaining. The man loves his power tools.


To go with the wolf theme I made some scary eyes for our bushes using empty toilet paper rolls and some glow sticks - inspired by this pin. Although I did modify it a little bit. I cut a rectangular hole in my tp roll, cut the eye shapes into card stock, then taped the card stock onto the tp roll to cover the hole. This way I could have a little more detail since it's hard to make controlled cuts on a tube. I got a multi-pack of glow sticks, popped em in and covered the ends with duct tape. And voila, pinplementation!


What did you do for Halloween?

P.S. Wanna see Luke's Halloween costume? Head over to the Peanut Stand to find out!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin